RecipesFeatured Recipe of the Month - "Homemade Hamburgers":
1 pound of lean ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
goat cheese for filling
cheddar or American cheese slices
1. In a medium bowl, mix the seasonings, not the goat cheese, into the ground beef and then shape into large thin patties.
2. For the grown ups - put a large spoonful of goat cheese in the center of the patty and give it a sprinkle of fresh pepper flakes and then top it with another patty. Press the edges together so the cheese won't ooze out.
3. Place the prepared patties on the hot grill making sure they cook properly. You want them cooked but juicy. Just before they are ready add cheese slices to the plain patties (without goat cheese).
4. Make sure you have toasted your whole wheat buns.
5. Enjoy the delicious homemade hamburgers!